Below is the top 10 social networking websites with its world wide alexa rank.
1. Facebook Facebook is an online social networking service. Facebook was launche on February 4, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg.
A January 2009 Compete.com study ranked Facebook the most used social networking service by worldwide monthly active users
Most of Facebook's revenue comes from advertising. no 1 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
2. twitter : Twitter is an online social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read "tweets", which are text messages limited to 140 characters. Registered users can read and post tweets, but unregistered users can only read them. twitter is one of the famous social networking website in the world you can use the twitter to post and receive messages to a network of contacts, as opposed to send bulk email messages. Now a day clebs are using twitter to connect with their fans.no 2 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
3. LinkedIn LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional occupations. linked in social networking website was launched on May 5, 2003. it is mainly used for professional networking. In 2006.
Unlike most of the other social networks, LinkedIn does not focus on making friends or sharing media like photos, videos and music.
This social networking service help to professionals find a job, discover sales leads, connect with potential business partners.
There are more than 75 million professionals registered on LinkedIn.
linkedin social networking website is available in 20 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Czech, Polish, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, and Tagalog. no 3 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
4. Pinterest Pinterest is a pinboard-style photo-sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, and hobbies. Users can browse other pinboards for images, "re-pin" images to their own pinboards, or "like" photos.
Pinterest allows users to save images and categorize them on different boards. They can follow other users' boards if they have similar tastes.
Pinterest [ social networking sites ] users can upload, save, sort and manage images, known as pins, and other media content (e.g. videos and gifs) through collections known as pinboards. no 4 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
5. Vk Vk.com VK is the second biggest social network service in Europe after Facebook. It is available in several languages, but particularly popular among Russian-speaking users around the world, especially in Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Belarus, and Israel. famous social netwoking site in the world.
As with most social networks, the site's core functionality is based around private messaging and sharing photos, status updates and links with friends. VK also has tools for managing online communities and celebrity pages. The site allows its users to upload, search and stream media content, such as videos and music. VK features an advanced search engine, that allows complex queries for finding friends, as well as a real-time news search.
According to Alexa Internet ranking, VK is one of the most visited websites in the post-Soviet countries. It holds the first position in Russia,Ukraine and Belarus, and 3rd in Kazakhstan. no 5 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
6. Google + Google+ [Google plus] is a social networking website owned by google inc. Google + is not simply a social networking . It is the second-largest social networking site in the world after facebook.
There are currently 540 million monthly active users across Google Properties and 300 Million active in the Google + Stream. no 6 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
7. Tumblr Post anything (from anywhere!), customize everything, and find and follow what you love. Create your own Tumblr blog today. Tumblr, stylized in its logo as tumblr., is a microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp and owned by Yahoo! Inc. Users can follow other users' blogs, as well as make their blogs private. no 7 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
8. Instagram Instagram is an online photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr.
Users can upload photographs and short videos, connect their Instagram account to other social networking sites (which will enable the option to share uploaded photos to those sites), and follow other users' feeds. no 8 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
9. Flickr Flickr is an online photo-sharing and image/video hosting service that allows you to share photos and videos with your friends or others and you can organize the photos in an original way. You can use Flickr to discover photos from other people, organizations and companies such as NASA. You may also grant permission to others to organize photos, add notes below a photo or tag photos.
Photos and videos can be accessed from Flickr without the need to register an account but an account must be made in order to upload content onto the website.
Flickr offers three types of accounts: Free, Ad Free and Doublr.
Flickr asks photo submitters to organize images using tags, which enable searchers to find images related to particular topics, such as place names or subject matter. no 9 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
10. Ask.fm is a Latvia-based social networking website where users can ask other users questions, with the option of anonymity.
Ask.fm, enabling users to record video using a webcam and post an answer to the question. no 10 out of Top 10 Social Networking Sites
Ask.fm social networking stites was launched on June 16, 2010.
Updated on 15 October 2016